Dynatrol® GS Level Sensor Switch for Low Density Bulk Solids
Dynatrol® GS Level Sensor Detector is designed for application to high, intermediate, or low point level detection of bulk solids. The GS Level Detector successfully handles lightweight media applications that are difficult to measure or detect like fine low density powders, flock, fluff or fumed silica, etc.The CL-10GS is typically used with bulk solids in the density range of 5-10 lbs/ft3.
- Versatile: This level detector operates successfully with consistent results on product applications such as light-weight, free flowing media typically in the range of 5-10 pounds/cubic foot.
- No Adjustment Needed: All level switch components have been constructed for long operating life and require no field adjustments.
- Simple Installation: Installation is made in the tank side through a 3/4-inch, half-coupling at the point of desired level detection.
- Explosion Proof: CSA NRTL/C approved for Class 1, Group D, Division 1
- Temperature Rating: 300°F (Consult Factory for higher ratings.)
- Pressure Rating: 1000 PSIG @ 100°F (Consult Factory for higher ratings.)
- Pressure Connection: 3/4-inch NPT
- Conduit Connection: 1/2-inch NPT
EC-501A(G) Control Unit Specifications
- Explosion Proof: CSA NRTL/C approved for Class 1, Group D; Class II, Group E, F and G; Class III
- Voltage Supply (Nominal): 120 volts - 50/60 Hz
- Available in 24 VDC and 240 VAC
- Power Consumption: 5 VA
- Temperature Rating: 125°F Maximum
- Contacts: SPDT 2A @ 120 VAC (Non-Inductive)
Principle of Operation
The Dynatrol® GS Level Sensor consists of a paddle-style probe which is installed thorough the wall of the bin or duct at the point of desired level detection. When the probe is uncovered the paddle is free to vibrate and produce an output signal. This signal operates a relay indicating the paddle is uncovered and a low level exists. When the paddle is covered a dampening of the oscillation occurs. The loss of signal de-energizes the relay indicating that a high level exists.
The level switch is mounted through a ¾-inch NPT half-coupling at the point of desired level detection. The On/Off signal from the Dynatrol® CL-10GS Detector operates a SPDT relay in the EC-501A(G) Control Unit. The contacts of this relay can be used to actuate level alarms, indicator lights or process control equipment.