Dynatrol® CL-10GSS Level Detector may be used for high-, intermediate-, or low-point level detection of bulk solids. It is constructed to handle extremely light weight applications that are difficult to measure like glass fibers, glass wool, paper dust, polyester powders and polymer powders. The CL-10GSS is typically used with bulk solids in the density range of more than 5 lbs/ft3.
- Versatile: This level detector operates successfully with consistent results on difficult product applications such as fine, low density powders and materials as light as ½ pound per cubic foot.
- No Adjustment Needed: All level switch components have been constructed for long operating life and require no field adjustments.
- Simple Installation: Installation is made in the tank side through a 3/4-inch, half-coupling at the point of desired level detection.
- Explosion Proof: CSA NRTL/C approved for Class I, Groups C and D; Class II, Groups E, F and G; Class III
- Temperature Rating: 300°F (Consult Factory for higher ratings.)
- Pressure Rating: 1000 PSIG @ 100°F (Consult Factory for higher ratings.)
- Pressure Connection: 3/4-inch NPT
- Conduit Connection: 1/2-inch NPT
EC-501A(G) Control Unit Specifications
- Used with the Dynatrol® G Series Level Detectors for exceptional sensitivity in measurement.
- Explosion Proof: CSA NRTL/C approved for Class I, Groups C and Class II, Groups E, F and Class III
- Voltage Supply (Nominal): 120 volts-50/60 Hz
- Available in 24 VDC and 240 VAC
- Power Consumption: 5 VA
- Temperature Rating: 125°F Maximum
- Contacts: SPDT 2A @ 120 VAC (Non-Inductive)
Principle of Operation
Dynatrol® GSS level detector consists of a paddle-style probe which is installed thorough the wall of the bin or duct at the point of desired level detection. When the probe is uncovered the paddle is free to vibrate and produce an output signal. This signal operates a relay indicating the paddle is uncovered and a low level exists. When the paddle is covered a dampening of the oscillation occurs. The resultant loss of signal de-energizes the relay indicating that a high level exists.
The On/Off signal from the Dynatrol® GSS level detector operates a SPDT relay in the EC-501A(G) Control Unit. The contacts of this relay can be used to actuate alarms, indicator lights or process control equipment.